There will be 75 of the 150 homes built in the Edmonton area and the Lions of District C‐1 have agreed to take on a major role by providing breakfast and lunch to the volunteers at the Fort Saskatchewan build site from July 10 – 14, 2017. This will involve obtaining prepared food or providing funds and then serving breakfast and lunch for 280‐300 volunteers per meal over the 5 days.
These are the following options a club can choose in assisting the Lions in serving:
- Choose a meal (breakfast or lunch) and date you would like to serve it.
- Contact a local hotel, restaurant, caterer or food store and arrange to have the meal either donated or provided at a *reduced price for up to 300 people.
- Provide 8 to 10 volunteers to pick up and serve the meal along with beverages, plates, cups, cutlery, napkins etc., then do the clean‐up.
*Gaming funds may be donated to Habitat who would then pay the “reduced price.”
- Choose a meal and date then provide funds ($1,000 for a breakfast and $2,000 for a lunch) which is donated to Habitat for Humanity so it can qualify as use of proceeds from gaming funds.
- The committee would then purchase meals and get reimbursed by HFH. The club then would provide the 8 to 10 workers to serve the meal and then do the clean‐up.
- Provide funds only for any amount to assist with this project. Any amount would be welcomed, as per above the funds would be donated to Habitat for Humanity so it can qualify as use of proceeds from gaming funds.
- The committee would use the funds to purchase meals.
- Provide volunteers only for one or more of the 10 meals over the 5-day period. Breakfasts will be served from 6:30 AM – 8 AM on each day and lunch will be served from 11:30 AM – 1 PM.
Please consider helping out in some way to make this great project for the Lions a success where we can be assisting with a hands-on activity that would add 3,000 people served to our service goals of reaching 200 million served in our own Centennial Year. Let’s make this a signature project for our District that we can all be proud of.
We already have a commitment from the Edmonton Chinese Lions who are doing the lunch on Friday, July 14.
We also have Save-On-Foods at Jasper & 109 St. and the Co‐op in Fort Saskatchewan both commiting to providing a meal.
To confirm one of the above options or for more information, please contact any committee member: