ELLI Update from PCC Betty Ann Robson | February 2021
The faculty for the upcoming ELLI has met and has decided to postpone the Institute until September 2021. I am waiting to hear from LCI with approval of the dates. Once approval has been received, new registration information will be posted.
[Previously March 18–21, 2021]
Red Deer, AB
Emerging Lions Leadership Institutes focus on building the skills of Lions members for leadership opportunities at the club level, including the position of club president.
- Candidates for this institute must be from MDC, MD19, 5SKS or 5SKN. This institute will be conducted in English. Candidates must be capable of understanding and participating in the language of instruction at this Institute.
- Candidates must be Lions in good standing who have successfully served on a club committee and who have not yet attained the level of club president. Current charter club presidents are also eligible for this Institute.
- Candidates must be willing to commit to all days of the Institute, including group mealtimes; understand personal time is extremely limited. Attendance at all classroom sessions and scheduled meals is mandatory.
COST OF THE INSTITUTE
Lions Clubs International will provide meals and lodging according to the schedule of the Institute.
Please note that according to board policy, a non-refundable participation fee of Cdn $175 will be required to offset a portion of these costs for all Institutes. This fee will be due no less than six weeks prior to the Institute start date. Please do not send fees until you receive a letter of acceptance to the Institute.
Participants are also responsible for their own transportation and related travel expenses to and from the Institute site. Fees should be made payable to Multiple District C Lions.
Because of the high number of applications received by the association, acceptance into the Institute is not guaranteed. In the selection process the Leadership Development Division strives to achieve maximum geographical representation of districts throughout the constitutional area.
All candidates will be notified of selection status no more than two weeks after the application deadline via the email address provided on the application form.
Multiple District C reserves the right to cancel any institute due to insufficient applications submitted by the stated application submission deadline date.
All candidates must complete the following items and submit them as indicated below. All completed documents must be submitted by the stated application submission deadline date in order to be considered.
A. Candidate’s Information Form
B. Nomination Form – must be signed by the applicant’s:
- Club president
- *District Governor
- *GLT District Coordinator
EXPECTATIONS OF ELLI GRADUATES
- Pursue additional leadership roles and responsibilities in their respective clubs
- Serve as a leadership resource in their respective clubs
- Share their Institute experiences with members of their club and encourage other qualified Lions to apply to the Institutes