This position will be voted on at the MD C Convention in St. Albert, AB on May 13-14, 2016.
- Promote, in cooperation with the District Chairpersons of MD C, the need for the service being provided and the status of the Lions Foundation of Canada;
- Convey the need for contributions from the Lions Clubs of MD C to support the programs that the Foundation offers;
- Report to Council as to changes in personnel or any action that affects the status of the Foundation;
- The voting delegates attending the MD C Convention held during the final year of the incumbent’s term shall elect the nominee for the position of Alberta Director by a secret ballot. This election shall be for a three (3) year term. The Director so elected shall also serve as the MD C Lions Foundation of Canada Chairperson.
- The MD C office shall publish in the last two (2) issues of the MD C newsletter of any calendar year preceding such an election, a notice seeking candidates for this position from the Lions of MD C in Canada. This notice shall also contain a list of qualifications for the position.
To qualify for the office of an Elected Director on the Board of Directors, a candidate must be:
- A Lion in good standing;
- A person who is not an employee of the Lions Foundation of Canada;
- A person who has done any one of the following:
- Served as a District chairperson for LFC as appointed by the elected Director;
- Served as a District chairperson for LFC as appointed by the District Governor;
- Served as the Multiple District chairperson for LFC as appointed by the Council Chairperson;
- Served as District Governor, and has participated in the Lions Foundation of Canada orientation program;
- Served as a Representative, appointed by the Lions Foundation of Canada, promoting and supporting one of the Foundations
Any qualified Lion wishing to be a candidate for this position shall file:
- A letter of intent;
- A biography;
- A copy of their Lions Club endorsement
—with the MD C office before April 1 of the year of the election:
147 Rocky Ridge Bay NW
Calgary, Alberta T3G 3E7